Old 05-15-2014, 07:01 AM
Amarillo19

Default More Problems With Labyrinth Walk Pattern and Kit

I guess I should have been alerted when the kit came with black fabric that wasn't batik like the other fabrics and wasn't the desired 45 inches wide, but 42. The directions call for 45 inch fabric.

Now I have the 84x84 inch quilt all pieced except for the borders. It's laid out on a bed and yesterday my husband was looking at it and says there's something not right. For the life of him he could see the labyrinth. We begin looking at it, and sure enough four of the huge seven blocks are not the same as the colored picture. Come to find out, the color picture is different from the instructions for two small blocks in each large block. The color picture is the correct one because that makes it look like a labyrinth. Now I have to rip out and replace 8 blocks. They're not big but they're in the middle of everything. I think I'll have to re-sew them by hand because machine stitching will be too difficult.

Needless-to-say, I'm not a happy camper. I'm going to write the designer with my findings, but I'm sorely tempted to dump the whole thing in the trash. It's cost me close to $150 so far and I haven't bought the 7 3/4 yards of backing yet. I can't leave it as is because it will bug me forever.