Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
More Problems With Labyrinth Walk Pattern and Kit >

More Problems With Labyrinth Walk Pattern and Kit

More Problems With Labyrinth Walk Pattern and Kit

Old 05-17-2014, 09:05 AM

I feel your frustration. BD. Its a good thing you found it before it was quilted
Old 05-17-2014, 09:22 AM
Power Poster

I have this pattern but haven't made it yet. I printed out this post and put it with the pattern. Thanks!
Old 05-17-2014, 09:28 AM

I didn't buy a kit but you do need those corrections or it won't look right. My disapointment was that my middle colour was a little too dark to make the 4 blocks look dimensional enough. I found it a bit tough to do (not terribly experienced with intermediate or difficult patterns). Hope it all works out after your ripping!
Old 05-17-2014, 06:56 PM

I found the errors quickly enough. Can you just turn those HSTs the correct way?
Old 05-18-2014, 04:10 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Kitsie View Post
Somewhere on line there are "corrected" instructions for the original pattern. Later issued patterns were corrected. So sorry for your frustration! Have you called the vendor about the "substitute" fabric? Good luck!

It is really nice that here are corrections posted on line but that hardly helps after you have a finished incorrect quilt to repair.

Lesson: Read your patterns completely and understand them, any ? or difficulties, do a scrap mock up first to work out the problem before using good fabric. It really saves a lot of grief down the line.

Sorry there was a problem in the quilt. Don't give it up, you have a big investment in it now and it will be worth fixing and you will love it then. Future quilts will be easier for you after you get through this little glitch. It is not unfixable, which would be really sad.

Take a deeeeeeep breath and show us the finished quilt.
peace
Old 05-18-2014, 10:18 AM

I have been working on a wall hanging from this pattern - only 4 blocks - for over a year have three blocks completed...I am using the pattern from a quilting magazine and the only problem I found was and outside strip piece too short. I will have to check it out. However I believe the centers are correct.

Judy in Phx, AZ
Old 05-18-2014, 03:22 PM

So does anyone know if the pattern has been corrected ??? A friend of mine just bought this pattern a few weeks ago...I want to "warn" her if need be.
sandy
Old 05-19-2014, 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by Sandygirl View Post
So does anyone know if the pattern has been corrected ??? A friend of mine just bought this pattern a few weeks ago...I want to "warn" her if need be.
sandy
When I have purchased patterns with corrections...the corrections have been place in package along with original pattern if pattern has not been re-printed.
Your friend should look for additional correction sheet in her packet.

Judy in Phx, AZ
Old 05-19-2014, 09:01 AM

I bought this pattern months ago, and have made the top - no problems with the directions, so I would assume it has been corrected. As soon as I decide how to quilt it, I'll finish - but my top looks really good. I only used one batik, a white one, but had no problems with the width of my other fabrics.