Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
More Problems With Labyrinth Walk Pattern and Kit >

More Problems With Labyrinth Walk Pattern and Kit

More Problems With Labyrinth Walk Pattern and Kit

Old 05-15-2014, 07:01 AM

Default More Problems With Labyrinth Walk Pattern and Kit

I guess I should have been alerted when the kit came with black fabric that wasn't batik like the other fabrics and wasn't the desired 45 inches wide, but 42. The directions call for 45 inch fabric.

Now I have the 84x84 inch quilt all pieced except for the borders. It's laid out on a bed and yesterday my husband was looking at it and says there's something not right. For the life of him he could see the labyrinth. We begin looking at it, and sure enough four of the huge seven blocks are not the same as the colored picture. Come to find out, the color picture is different from the instructions for two small blocks in each large block. The color picture is the correct one because that makes it look like a labyrinth. Now I have to rip out and replace 8 blocks. They're not big but they're in the middle of everything. I think I'll have to re-sew them by hand because machine stitching will be too difficult.

Needless-to-say, I'm not a happy camper. I'm going to write the designer with my findings, but I'm sorely tempted to dump the whole thing in the trash. It's cost me close to $150 so far and I haven't bought the 7 3/4 yards of backing yet. I can't leave it as is because it will bug me forever.
Old 05-15-2014, 07:10 AM

Somewhere on line there are "corrected" instructions for the original pattern. Later issued patterns were corrected. So sorry for your frustration! Have you called the vendor about the "substitute" fabric? Good luck!
Old 05-15-2014, 07:28 AM

The corrections can be downloaded from this site:
http://www.quiltmag.com/resources/la...rn-correction/
Old 05-15-2014, 07:39 AM

That is a really cool quilt. I hope you can get it the way you want it.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:11 AM

You poor thing. I wish you the best of luck in getting it straightened out and finished. It's beyond maddening when you spend so much money on a kit and it's not what you expected. Then to have the pattern problem on top of it....
Old 05-15-2014, 09:59 AM
pw6

can you post a picture please. I bought the Labyrinth pattern and wonder if they are the same
Old 05-15-2014, 10:10 AM
Power Poster

These days one must look for corrections. We shouldn't have to do that, but it seems they just can't get things right the first time!
Old 05-15-2014, 06:55 PM

How sad -- that's a stunning quilt, too bad you did not have the corrections. That is frustrating.
Old 05-15-2014, 07:06 PM

Oh honey, now is the time to walk out of the sewing room and CLOSE THE DOOR, pour yourself a large glass of your favourite beverage, and just not think about the whole thing for at least 24 hours. There is a very good possibility that by hour 25, you will have come up with a calm, reasonable and doable solution to your problems.

I am so sorry that you are having so many problems with this beautiful pattern. I really hope that you can resolve it to your satisfaction.
Old 05-16-2014, 05:58 AM

Thank you all for the kind advice and support. I have walked away from the quilt for awhile and am trying not to think about it. I try to remember there are people with such bad problems that mine is just a tiny grain of sand.

I had printed out the corrections before I too far into the quilt, but this error wasn't caught by anyone. My husband has a good eye for patterns and puzzles and was able to spot that something was off.