Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
More Problems With Labyrinth Walk Pattern and Kit >

More Problems With Labyrinth Walk Pattern and Kit

More Problems With Labyrinth Walk Pattern and Kit

Old 05-16-2014, 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by pw6 View Post
can you post a picture please. I bought the Labyrinth pattern and wonder if they are the same
Before I get a picture posted, look at the color picture of the quilt and the block called San Luigi. In the color picture a small 3 1/2 inch block is flipped with the black on the top and the white on the bottom left. In the pattern instructions the black is placed on the bottom left and the white on the upper right. It ruins the shadow.
Old 05-16-2014, 12:11 PM

I'm sorry but IMHO people who want to sell their patterns need to have pattern testers and make sure that their patterns are correct before the pattern is put on the market. It shouldn't be up to the consumer to try to make a pattern work. O.K., I'm done with my rant!
Old 05-16-2014, 12:29 PM

This is very interesting to me!! I just quilted one for a customer on my LA and saw those exact errors when I was halfway through quilting it and I had to just finish it. I wasn't familiar with the quilt and hadn't noticed it before. It seemed to me like it was going to throw off the way the quilt should look. Told the shop owner and she just figured one of her girls had made the mistake when assembling it. She has told me that it doesn't stand out when you see it up on the wall. I haven't been to see it yet. It would make me sick if I had made it and not been able to fix it and to think it is a pattern error is sad indeed. Hope you take the time to tear and correct as it is a beautiful quilt! Good Luck.
Old 05-16-2014, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by jillnjo View Post
This is very interesting to me!! I just quilted one for a customer on my LA and saw those exact errors when I was halfway through quilting it and I had to just finish it. I wasn't familiar with the quilt and hadn't noticed it before. It seemed to me like it was going to throw off the way the quilt should look. Told the shop owner and she just figured one of her girls had made the mistake when assembling it. She has told me that it doesn't stand out when you see it up on the wall. I haven't been to see it yet. It would make me sick if I had made it and not been able to fix it and to think it is a pattern error is sad indeed. Hope you take the time to tear and correct as it is a beautiful quilt! Good Luck.
Jillnjo, I'm glad I'm not the only one to find this error. I've sent snail-mail to the designer and the place where I bought the kit. Unfortunately I imagine there have been lots of those quilts made with the error. I don't see how anyone would have caught it before it was all pieced. The instructions show it with the error. Only the color picture on the front of the instructions show it the correct way.
Old 05-16-2014, 03:21 PM

I just remembered that I have a photo of the Labyrinth Walk that I quilted for a customer. It has the 3 errors you are talking about in your quilt. See if you can find them all.[ATTACH=CONFIG]475794[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_6161-001.jpg  
Old 05-16-2014, 05:01 PM

i can see them. that sucks eggs for sure.

aileen
Old 05-17-2014, 05:38 AM

yup there they are.....:0(
Old 05-17-2014, 06:00 AM

Can some one please point out the problems? I can't see any of them.....perhaps only the long medium sashing strips that should have been darker
Old 05-17-2014, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Jennie and Me View Post
I'm sorry but IMHO people who want to sell their patterns need to have pattern testers and make sure that their patterns are correct before the pattern is put on the market. It shouldn't be up to the consumer to try to make a pattern work. O.K., I'm done with my rant!

I so agree! I've bought very few patterns...and so far have made none of them.....but I'd be furious if I had to worry about "corrections" for something I paid good money for, especially if the need for these corrections was discovered after I'd cut and sewed it all. In my opinion, there's no excuse for selling a pattern that has something wrong in it. Prove it up first, then offer it for sale!
Old 05-17-2014, 09:00 AM

There are nine large blocks in the quilt. In the center bottom block and the 2 outside blocks of the middle row you will find the mistakes. In the center of those blocks there is a small square made of one black and one lt. gray triangle. Those triangles are turned wrong. The top center block is the same block and it is correctly placed. It looks very 3 dimensional and the ones with mistakes mess your mind up trying to see it!