View Single Post
Old 05-21-2014, 08:12 AM
madamekelly

I never go barefoot, did it too much as a kid, and was born with a "C" width foot and an"E" width foot, so finding shoes has always been a nightmare. When you add to that, that as I have aged, my feet went from a size 9, to the size 11 that they are now, buying shoes has never been fun for me, until I went to a free class my health insurance sponsored about taking care of my feet. That is when I had a gait study done and was told to buy Birkenstocks with special inserts. Well I went to buy the shoes only to discover they are built too narrow for my 'fat foot'. When I was bemoaning my luck, the sales girl pointed me to a brand called "Alegrias". Success! Not only do they fit well, but they come in fun prints (over a hundred) and many styles. They do cost as much as "Birkenstock" but are much prettier. I did find them online for about half as much, but those may be 'last year's' if that matters to you. Can you tell I love my new shoes? (Without my new shoes I have to use two canes to walk, but with them and the inserts, I can walk unaided. My own little miracle!

The picture below is the pair I got so you can see one of the fun designs, and they match everything I own!
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg