View Single Post
Old 05-21-2014, 08:49 AM
JudyTheSewer

I need to arrange my scrappies to be happy with the fabric placement. I use several of the above suggestions.
- fabrics are placed on a flannel design wall in what I think is a pleasing placement
- I snap a digital photo and make notes on it in Paint regarding what should get moved where. For some reason, I catch a lot of mistakes by snapping a photo that I miss when looking at it with my eyes in person.
- once I am happy with final placements, I roll up the design wall and carry it to my machine
- I unroll the flannel one row at a time for construction
- if it is a quilt assembled by rows I sew a piece of paper with the row number onto the first block in the row. That not only keeps me straight on which row is what but it also helps keep the row from being turned upside down. And, no pins are in my way. I use a long stitch so the thread is easy to remove when I no longer want the paper marking the rows.

Your son's floor will be unusable until the design wall is rolled up. Or, as Cedar mentioned, can the design decisions be made with a design wall pinned to window curtains that are a big enough size?

Last edited by JudyTheSewer; 05-21-2014 at 08:51 AM. Reason: spelling