View Single Post
Old 05-24-2014, 03:28 AM
SimpsonFrances

Never, Never, get rid of your 1530. I have a 1230 I would fight you over. Personally, I bought a brother embroidery/sewing machine top of the line at the time. It was really used for embroidery for several years (well used) and I grew tired of embroidering. I have never fully used the sewing part...shame on me. I don't think I would ever spend the money for a combo machine of any brand. If I wanted to an embroidery machine I would shop for an embroidery only machine that would use at least a 5 x 7 hoop...unless you really get good at embroidering and want to do very large patterns, you probably won't use anything bigger. Embroidering is fun and I'm glad I did it but now my machine is outdated because it uses floppy disks and computers are not even providing that anymore. Technology has moved on and my machine isn't and I'm not going to spend the money on another. Don't get rid of your 1530? You will be sorry. Also a word of caution....if you are a power sewer (peddle to the meddle type) don't treat your new machine as toughly as you do your 1530. The new machines can't take that....you will require regular service on them. Don't expect the same long years of maintenance free service from your new machine as your 1530.