Thread: I'm lost!
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2009, 07:54 AM
Bottle Blonde

I crochet all the time - I used to teach 'How to Crochet' and 'How to Read Crochet Patterns' at 2 different Michaels stores. I taught all 4 of my children to crochet. My sons don't crochet now, but they know how. lol My youngest daughter learned at the age of 3. She is very good and fast now at 18.

I wanted to learn to knit, but when I realized how long the process is to 'unknit' if you've made a mistake, I decided to pass on knitting. Some differences between the 2 - crochet works up faster but takes more yarn. It is easier to take out crocheted stitches than knitted stitches. The fashion yarns - i.e. Fancy Fur ... can be difficult to crochet - harder to see the stitches. I usually run a thin smooth yarn along with the fashion yarns when I use them. IMO I think crochet can look 'homemade' and knitting looks more 'professional'.

Funny how crafters always have to be doing something. I can't stand to be without a project or a good book - It keeps me awake at night and I wander around in circles during the day. lol. It's good to know I am not alone --- my DH thinks I am 'hyper and restless and a wee bit crazy' - my friends don't understand this need to make stuff - my kids are just used to it (I used to take over every school project they had to do at home if it involved making something) I am sooooo relieved to find out I am not the only one with this obsession.