View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014, 09:54 AM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by tropit View Post
Thanks for that site mention, Miriam. I'll check that one out. I'm finally getting to the point of putting in our, "real kitchen," in the house that we've been building for the last couple of years. I'm having a terrible time finding the right appliances, (sewing machines aside...of course.) I have a 1950 O'Keefe and Merritt stove, which will stay, but a dishwasher and refrigerator have me searching and searching. They are all modern, stainless steel models and I want to either find something old fashioned, or hide them completely. When I find a good possibility, there's always some quirky thing that won't work with plan. And no...I'm not paying $13k for a fridge.

Ahhh....thank for letting me vent a little. I've been hunting down appliances all week. It's truly mind boggling.

~ Cindy
The first time I saw that site I was on it for HOURS. They have a lot of resources like you are looking for. I have an old 1950s kitchen to decide what to do with. It needs the metal cabinets refinished at the least. Then the appliances. I'm sort of between that and doing it up commercial.