View Single Post
Old 05-30-2014, 06:08 AM
cizzors

Originally Posted by MissM View Post
Not everyone who retires does so by choice, many are forced to because of health reasons. When that happens you are certainly on a "fixed" income because the government controls your income. Also please don't roll your eyes because it is no laughing matter. Until you have walked in that persons shoes you are in no position to judge. Just be thankful you were fortune enough to retire by choice.

I was not 'fortunate' to quit-had no choice and had to quit do to health reasons. As long as SS does not run out of money, the checks keep coming. Might not be much but it is a check. I will continue to roll my eyes because as I said, my husbands check is just as fixed as a retiree's. Roof over our heads, food on the table and since I quit (at age 49) happy days. I worked at that 'biggest retailer' so that says a lot if you watch the evening news. I let go $1400 a month and insurance for piece of mind and it was worth every penny. So I guess you can say I fixed my income. I will officially retire in 15 yrs.