View Single Post
Old 05-31-2014, 11:52 AM
wildyard

Well, I have to say, I find this really interesting. Do I say pay it forward? Yes I do!! And I really mean it when I say it. I say it when I am giving something to someone, or when someone is giving something to me. Do I DO paying it forward? YES I do. I do it whether someone has given me something or not. That's why it's called FORWARD, not back. I am grateful for everything I have, and especially for all those who have reached out to me with love, kindness and support. I am delighted for every opportunity I have to reach out to others in the same way, as we never know when that one little act of kindness may be just what a person needed to keep on going that day.

Do I say I am on a fixed income? Yes I do. Because I am. What do I mean when I say it? I mean that I am not able to indulge my desires to buy just because I want to. I am on Disability and Comp. My DH is on SSI. I give away my quilts because I make comfort quilts. So yes, I have to be very careful with my fabric budget. I shop thrifts, I try to trade when I need something here on the board. And when someone is generous and gives me something, I also pay it forward when someone else needs something I have! There are many members of this board who can attest to that.

I'm sorry if anyone finds these terms disagreeable, but I find them very helpful for me to be as successful and effective as I can be in making and gifting the quilts that I make for those undergoing chemo, dialysis and for our wounded military.
Like many on this board, I have multiple health issues, but quilting for a cause gives me incentive to be productive each day. Patrice said it so well, gratitude for our many blessings is paramount to our well-being! I can't bother to let small things upset me, I have too many good things to focus on! Hugsssssss and smilessss......