View Single Post
Old 06-02-2014, 04:48 PM
Jennifer23

Originally Posted by LauraClayton View Post
I have one of the really old, belonged to my great grandmother, machines that has the metal pedal. I have never used a machine of any type. I've made maternity dresses but made them by hand. Would the machine I have be hard to learn?
I think treadle machines are quite easy to learn, because they're so simple. It can take a bit to get the rhythm of treadling, but once you get used to it it's easy, and I find it quite relaxing. It would be a great machine for quilting! Check out the Vintage and Antique Machines subforum here for more info and help with that machine.

Originally Posted by LauraClayton View Post
At the time, I've had to put the investment on hold. My brother has cancer and will be undergoing major surgery the end of the month to try to remove it which is going to result in the removal of several major organs. My whole existence seems to have come to a stop. I am asking for prayers from all please. Once the surgery is over and we know exactly what we are dealing with, I will be deciding what project I want to start with. I thank everyone for your advice and prayers!
My prayers are definitely with you and your family. Cancer sucks