Old 06-04-2014, 07:41 AM
Cecilia S.

YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

I removed the whole assembly again from the machine shaft. With vice grips (protecting the sewing machine part with leather) I grasped the shafty area of the rotary hook, i.e. where it goes on to the machine and is held with three set screws. With another pair of vice grips, also protecting with leather, I grasped the center spindle (the "axle" onto which the bobbin case will go. Sorry I do not know the correct term). Having marinated it overnight in Tri Flow, and again giving it a good baptism, I gently wiggled to try to get some motion. Bit by bit, it began to spin. And bit by disgusting bit by gloriously satisfying bit, ALL THIS CRUD CAME OUT!!!! See photo.

I want to thank you all so sincerely. I also had QB Guardian Angel who talked me through a lot of it on PM, particularly suggesting that last step with vice grips. I cannot tell you all how appreciative I am.

Next I need to fine tune the timing and such. But perhaps tomorrow, as I think that may be all the tinker time I am allotted for today. I wanted to share my excitement with you all, and again my Uber-Sincere thanks.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]477862[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_7110.jpg