Old 06-04-2014, 11:06 AM
Cecilia S.

QB Guys!

You -knew- I could not wait until tomorrow. I am now very behind on Real Life Work, but I just could not resist tinkering with Ziggy to get his timing on track.

The timing tinkering was not that hard at all! Now I have re-timed two machines this week; the needle bar re-timing on my Great Blue White 15 Clone, and now this bobbin business re-timing on Ziggy. I feel Smrt. ;-)

I just did some sample stitches, and YEAH BABY!!!!! What a stitcher! Go, Ziggy, Go!

One thing I found with Ziggy is that although I knew he was inherently a great machine, he seemed -very- tempermental; prone to jams and sometimes also skipped stitches. I am still much a novice sewist so I always attributed that to myself somehow (Was I threading wrong? Was I doing something else wrong?) But now that I see what crud was caked up in the bobbin business, it is a wonder that he sewed at all, really!

Thanks again everyone. Candace hit it bang on way earlier in the thread with suggesting the TriFlow marinade and patience. :-)

Oh, CD, I would still love to know how you knew at a glance that it was a rotary hook? Sorry - I understand that the rotary simply goes round and round and the oscillating racks back and forth, but how can one tell simply from looking at the lone mechanism?

Last edited by Cecilia S.; 06-04-2014 at 11:16 AM.