Old 06-08-2014, 06:14 PM
Sandrea

Nancysnotions.com has a gadget called "The Quick Ripper" for 21.99. I know that sounds like a lot but I am so glad a friend at our retreat shared hers with me. I had sewed 8 strips (2" x 44") together side by side and when I went to press them, they would not lay flat because I was having a tension problem on my machine. so I decided to rip them all out and start over (after working on my tension). I spent all afternoon ripping with my little Clover seam ripper and only got 5 strips ripped out. Then a friend said "What are you doing?" I said "Still ripping!" She said "Do you want to use mine??" I asked "What does your seam ripper do that mine doesn't?" Well she showed me. I still had 3 strips to rip and she had all 3 done in less than 3 minutes. I almost fainted. I had just spent all afternoon ripping the other 5. First thing I did when I got home was order my Quick Ripper. You will still get the little pokies but I also got one of those with the eraser type end and it still saved me tons of time. I don't know how I ever lived without the "Quick Ripper" from Nancys Notions. So worth the money I spent. Now my DH accuses me of making sewing goofs on purpose just so I can play with my Quick Ripper. I love ripping now!!