Thread: I'm lost!
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2009, 12:19 PM
wtexpricklypear

Have any of you tried to use those plastic looms for knitting? They are great once you get the hang of it -- I taught myself to knit the basic stitches which knitting needles. The site I went to said that the continental method was faster and more efficient than the English style so I learned the continental. Well, it turns out that I am one of the few that use that method and it's hard for me to get any one to help me when I get stuck! I enrolled for a sock knitting class because it said that all I needed to know were the basic stitches...I didn't know that I would also need to use 5 needles at the same time --- arrrgggh! By the time the 2nd part of the class rolled around I still couldn't get the needles straight and so that was a flop. Then a group is knitting hats and scarves for the soldiers and suggested the looms. And yeah! It didn't take long to get the hang of it and I didn't feel like a total failure! I try to spend most of my time quilting but dh likes for me to be with him watching tv and I need to concentrate on what I am working on and so the loom knitting is a compromise!