View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 06:28 AM
Sewnoma

Default Stuffed Crow (not my work)

I hope this is OK to post here...it's not a quilt and I didn't make it, but I did buy this at a quilt show, and it's made by a woman in my quilt guild. So it's SORT OF related!

The local quilt show (put on by the guild I just joined) has a boutique inside each year; guild members sew various projects throughout the year and they're sold at the show; part profit to the member, part to the guild. I have always have bought something there each year (well before I joined) because it's neat stuff and I like to support local artists and craftspeople.

This year, I saw this guy and literally could not leave him alone. I kept coming back and touching him, so finally I bought him and carried him all around the show where we both made lots of friends. He ended up recommending bird fabrics to everybody! (He even convinced me, you can see some of it in the background.) He & I had a whole booth full of people in stitches at one point...pun INTENDED!

And now he's my new sewing room mascot!

Meet Corbin. He's a dapper fellow and quite friendly! He stands 11" tall and I just love him to pieces. Corbin had 3-4 other members of his flock there (each with unique names) but I fell in love with the inquisitive little crook to his head and now he's mine! He's made out of black velveteen and he's just wonderful all the way around.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]478593[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]478594[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]478595[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails corbin_3_qtrs.jpg   corbin_front.jpg   corbin_back.jpg