View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 01:09 PM
Barb in Louisiana

I don't tell anyone no. But I do tell them, while I am laughing, that I have 35 works in progress which will probably take me at least 5 to 10 years to finish, and if I can keep myself from starting another quilt I am crazy about, I will put them on the list for a quilt, but it will be one of my choosing, any color I want. Did I mention that my favorite 2 colors are teal green and purple, not necessarily in the same quilt? That usually shuts them up quick. Then I offer to teach them to quilt. No one really wants to take the time to learn, and give up what they consider their leisure time, even people who know how to sew. I don't know if they even consider that it is my time they are asking me to donate to them. GRRRRR!!!!!

I have one gd, who is 10, that really wants to learn. I'm going to get her to spend some time with me this summer. She is already a good little artist. Our first quilt will probably be only 5 or 6 inch blocks. I'll let her go through my extensive stash and pick out the fabrics she wants in her quilt. I am really looking forward to this.