Old 06-14-2014, 08:12 AM
cherylmae

Default Me too!

Originally Posted by carolaug View Post
I am going to work on my never ending quilt and try and finish it. I have it half done. I know why I like the simple meandering...its simple and quick...no stopping. I decided to do more of a design on this one that I am doing...I am beginnning to wonder why...it will look good but its really slowing my down. I have another one also ready to FMQ, so will keep that one simple...for ones for me or a very special reason I will do the fancy designs but think that the simple designs will be more in my future...I like to just get it done...I have too much fabric and too many quilts that need to be made to get fancy ; ) Maybe someday when I retire...when working full time and trying to be a quilter just not enough time. So when people ask why there are so many simplier quilts out there being made...its so we have time to do a few. ; )
I am just getting an idea for my neighbors quilt, nice and simple. Black, white, punch of red, just using fat quarters.
I am going to try doing this one in sections without the backing to start with, as she wants king bedspread size, and I don't want to quilt that on the home machine. I have done reg. king size, and it trys my patience. Then when I put backing one, then I will do simple lines on home machine. I don't make fancy, as the ones I make go on beds.