Old 06-17-2014, 09:47 PM
AllyStitches

I just joined today, and shared this in my intro, but thought I would share here too, since it is relevant and kind of a funny story. I bought a frame (rails) at a yard sale about 5 years ago. Paid next to nothing for it, and it was brand new-- out of the box, but not even put together, with all of the packaging still in tact. Well, it sat in my attic for 2 years, while my husband remained convinced that we didn't have room for it. Truth be told, at that time with three children in our home, we didn't, but I was convinced that it would work itself out. 3 years ago, it sort of did work itself out, and we moved to another property, where it sat and waited for our two oldest kids to move out on their own. (5 years total.) A few weeks ago, after our oldest moved out, our youngest moved into his older brother's room, which left the perfect sewing room vacant for me!

My husband pulled out the rack, and was still convinced that we wouldn't have room. He (somehow??) talked me into allowing him to give it to his buddy's wife, who also quilts. I reluctantly agreed, since the sewing room *is* rather small and I couldn't see how it would work.

Well, his buddy came and picked it up, spent 6 hours putting it together (turns out there was a piece missing, which he manufactured) and then his wife came home and informed him that she didn't actually want it! So he called my husband back and informed him that *I* would probably want it, which I do, and thankfully it came home tonight.

I have a Janome 1600P-QC to use with it. Still trying to decide whether to use a stitch regulator with it or not.