View Single Post
Old 06-18-2014, 07:05 AM
soman2

Default 5644 miles later and now it's mine!

Hello all,

A few months ago, I eluded to me acquiring my 90 yr. young aunt's Standard treadle which she has not used in 30+ years. Shipment to me was not an option for fear of loss/damage to the machine. It was too valuable to me to risk so we decided to take a couple weeks off, tour some of this beautiful country and spend a few days in Wenatchee, Wa. with family. The trip was like a second honeymoon and everything worked out well. My aunt purchased the machine in 1972 at an estate sale for $15 in N Dakota, used it for a few years and then quit sewing. They recently moved into an assisted living complex and had an estate sale of their belongings and wanted me to have her machine for my collection. I have the original manual and 2 boxes of accessories. I will do a complete cleaning/oiling later, but she sews pretty good as of now. There are 2 tools that I have not seen before, one a screwdriver/wrench(?) and the other tool is clueless to me. A few pics are added for your enjoyment. Chow for now.

Rodney in Ponchatoula, La.
Attached Thumbnails img_7120.jpg   img_7121.jpg   img_7125.jpg   img_7126.jpg   img_7133.jpg  

img_7134.jpg   img_7135.jpg   img_7139.jpg