View Single Post
Old 06-23-2014, 08:02 AM
quiltingranny

Hershey is a very quaint town with Hershey Kiss lamposts with beautiful hanging baskets of lush flowers. There is the park with great rides and shows, a small zoo. There are outlet stores next to the park. There is also chocolate world where you can see how the candy is made and buy it by the box!!! A bit too touristy for me these days but you might like it.
There is also a small airport (Riegle's) just outside of town. I think the address might be Palmyra. From Hershey you are about an hour away from Lancaster county's quilt shops. The Country Store (intercourse) has reopened, the Quilt Shack (Intercourse), Zooks and Nancy's notions (Intercourse), the Log Cabin Quilt Shop (Bird in Hand)..this is my favorite. I can't think of the name of our favorite restaurant for lunch (senior moment?). Be sure to take a horse and buggy ride through town and visit a working amish farm. Good N Plenty restaurant provides meals family style serving Pennsylvania Dutch dishes.
There are loads of B&B's and Route 30 is a wonderland of outlets and shops including a couple of quilt shops. You'll have a great time!