View Single Post
Old 06-24-2014, 05:21 PM
Leslie333

Default New Pfaff Performance 5.0!!!

After research and decisions, mostly between the Pfaff Quilt Expression 4.2 and the Pfaff Performance 5.0, I bought my new Performance 5.0 tonight! I'm excited to have a new machine with all the new bells and whistles since I bought my last new machine (also a Pfaff) over 20 years ago.

Here's my question. My quilt store provides new owners with two classes, three hours each, plus all the questions and individual help you need as well. My summer is going to be really busy (couple of trips, plus getting my son ready for college). I'm thinking of putting off the classes until September. I figure by then I will have had time to play with the machine and be a bit familiar with things. I have a small project planned to make placemats and that seems like a perfect thing for the first project on the new machine. Do you think it would be better to do the classes soon when I know almost nothing about the machine, or wait a couple of months when I have the basics down and can learn more about the bells and whistles?