Old 06-28-2014, 03:13 PM
Dina

Originally Posted by GingerK View Post
A bargello is on my bucket list (altho the first several patterns I saw, reminded me mostly of a very private female part!!) I do love the flow of the ones I have seen lately and especially yours. It reminds me of craggy mountain peaks. You did a fantastic job on the two quilts and I don't care which way you make the beds--they will be beautiful.
Funny, I thought I was the only one who saw several of the Bargello patterns as "a very private female part"!! However, don't let that stop you. None of mine look anything like that. You might enjoy doing Surf Song (just google it to find the book it's in...Twist and Turn Bargello Quilts by Eileen Wright. Her instructions on how to make a Bargello place mat gave me the confidence to try something larger) or Serenity Bargello quilt pattern (google it...it's free). Surf Song is a cool curvy straight line thing and Serenity is the mountain peaks. I have to promise you that if I can make one, anyone can. I have only been quilting 4 years.

In fact, I am going to find a picture of one of my Surf Songs. It may just inspire you.

Dina
Attached Thumbnails s8001611.jpg