Old 06-29-2014, 07:20 AM
SouthPStitches

I can so relate to this. Last year I made a scrappy top in soft shades of yellow, green, blue and red. In my mind, I pictured it to have a shabby chic look. HATED it when it was done. Everyone I showed, had a lukewarm response at best. The thought of spending anymore time, effort or money on it, I wanted no part of. So it hung pressed in the closet but I would take it out from time to time, wanting to like it and thinking what a terrible waste of time and fabric. Each time I looked at it, I wondered how I could have gone so very wrong with it because if nothing else, I'm fairly color confident in my choices. Not too many months ago, I sent the picture again to my quilting guru (JenniePenny) and asked if it was worth salvaging. She definitely said yes and told me what was fine with it and what stunk. One Sunday afternoon I did the unthinkable, and ripped it apart and repurposed them into. I now have repurposed them into two lovely lap quilts. I will post pics of the before and after I finish hand quilting. Maybe this is how some quilts/tops end up at Good Will. The quilter was just so disappointed that they wanted nothing more to do with it but couldn't bring themself to pitch it into the landfill.