View Single Post
Old 07-01-2014, 06:12 PM
my-ty

All great suggestions.

For your class, I would want to create a "foot book". Each page would describe the foot (or give a foot number), the stitch, suggestions when it could be used and a sample of the stitch made by the student. The sample should be on white fabric with a different thread color in the top than in the bottom. The student would staple their sample to the page. Also the pages need room for extra notes. Once the course is finished, each student will have created their own booklet to use as a reference guide, complete with a sample that can be viewed from both sides with their own useful notes.

After working through a few samples for the "foot book" in the class, then start a small project that allows the students to experiment with the "feet of the day". This project should either be easy to complete in class or should be easily finished at home before the next class. I really love classes where the students can show off their accomplishments and/or talk about their difficulties. This is a great way to start the next class, it allows a review of what was covered in the last class and gives you the opportunity to explain why the student had problems. (e.g. wrong tension) and celebrate with the students when they had success.

Hope you have fun with your class.