View Single Post
Old 07-02-2014, 06:46 AM
irishrose

You're welcome, Pat. I must have been bored last night. I'll update it after the sign in cut off date. Bored, no. I hate that word. if my children used it, I found them something to do - outside their normal chores. One daughter never learned so I had some clean windows in the LR and DR when she was a teen. Windows were her father's job, but dog prints, cat prints and kid prints needed doing more than twice a year.

KM, Yaxtrax and walking sticks - mine are made from old cross country ski poles - will keep you upright in most instances. I can't use my poles now because of two dogs on Flexileads. I like how they add exercise to the midsection and arms. BTW, I love Elvis. An Elvis CD will be good sewing music today. Some day your picture will load.

c&p from June - I never know where to post the first of each month:
My batik quilt will be done before the winner for July is announced and I seriously doubt I will be a contender having lost quite a bit (for me) in June, but the word 'batik' still makes me sign up. Did I say I have an obsession? I have changed my mind on how I'm choosing the colors to go together in the 1/4 circle blocks. Instead of being hung up on light/dark, I think I will just look for contrast so I can use a red/black, etc. I don't think I want it 50% light. Aren't design walls wonderful?

Prayers for all our holiday travelers. My son will be on the road today and a little tomorrow - 13 1/2 hours from his jobsite to home. And I have an hour's drive (in good traffic) into a tourist area to go to the doctor tomorrow. The Traverse City Cherry festival starts this weekend so the traffic will be terrible. My friend who is driving my car isn't concerned - he is a very calm person - just what I need, so we'll be fine.

I AM losing weight and getting healthier.
Judy