View Single Post
Old 07-04-2014, 10:12 AM
MargeD
Power Poster

Before we had to downsize and move to a 2-bedroom apartment, at one point I had 7 machines, 2 in cabinets and 5 portable. I had loaned my Singer to my sister and when she passed away it went to her granddaughter, one cabinet machine went to my DDIL, and since I have this fantastic memory, I can't remember where the rest went, except that I took 2 machines with my - my Janome 4000 and an older Brother; then shortly after moving I received a Sears Kenmore machine which was almost identical to my Janome from a friend. She had seen it at the town's recycling center, so she passed it on to me, however, it makes a klunking noise, so I'll have to wait until I can afford to take it in for service, as I loved my old Kenmore, which met an untimely death when I burned out the motor - apparently too much quilting. LOL. Whenever my Janome gets tempermental and she needs to go in for therapy, I don't go into withdrawal as long as I have the Brother as a backup. I realize 7 machines was a lot to have all at once, however, I did meet a woman that had 10 machines, so I didn't feel quite so bad.