View Single Post
Old 07-04-2014, 01:53 PM
Kathy T.

I lost weight with them but it took 6 months to lose 15 lbs and I couldn't stand their food at the end - all I could get down was their two types of pizza and their cereal. Like others have said, their food is not tasty. You can tolerate it short-term if you're motivated to lose a little for a special occasion. And BTW, the "free" week in the ads is foods that they pick (you can't select your own) and it may be things you won't eat. And you WILL gain the weight back once you're off their program foods.

What they are doing for you is portion control. You can do this on your own with pre-packaged frozen meals (like Lean Cuisines or Weight Watchers) and weighing and measuring if you have the discipline. Get yourself a "weigh-buddy" to watch your tracked weights to keep you accountable.

I have also done Weight Watchers meetings. I recommend them over anything. They teach you not only what to eat but why you are eating and alternatives. The members are very supportive and encouraging and your weigh-ins are private. I have been Lifetime (meaning you met your goal weight within your allowed range for your height) for three years now, and still choose to follow the program and go to meetings. I have to go back to basics off and on, to stop the weight creep, but that's easy to do since I prepare my own food and making my own choices. Best of luck with your weight loss journey!