View Single Post
Old 07-04-2014, 07:09 PM
Doggramma

My sister lost quite a bit of weight doing Nutrisystem, but the food is really processed. She said one night she was making hamburgers for her kids as her "hamburger" was re-hydrating in water. She said she realized she could do a diet on her own for a lot cheaper. After Nutrisystem she gained most of the weight back.

I lost a lot of weight (over 50 pounds) by counting calories. I ate the things I like even desserts. And here's the secret for me...I need to log everything I put in my mouth. Every day I started a new page and wrote everything down with the calorie counts along with my feelings about my day/my weight/my life. This makes you reflect on why you want to eat when you're not hungry! At the time I was focusing also on getting at least 25 grams of fiber, along with a couple other requirements. It didn't work when I just tried to count it in my head. I found I could lose weight eating about 1500-1700 calories a day. But I belong to a gym and do mindful exercise too.

I know what I need to do. Unfortunately I went through some stressful times over the last couple years and I've gained the weight back. That's the other secret for me. I need to continue the daily log for the rest of my life but I just haven't started back up again. Plus I really like to eat out and eat more than I should.