View Single Post
Old 07-06-2014, 06:36 PM
luckydiver17

Default Juki TL2010Q vs Brother PQ1500S

I am starting to research a new machine and pretty much have narrowed it down to either the Juki TL2010Q or the Brother PQ1500S. They are both straight stitch machines with a big harp and have a lot of the same features like thread cutter, knee lift, extension table, etc. Pretty much the only differences I can see is that the Brother has a pin feed and a needle down button, whereas the Juki has a true needle down/up button and variable speed control.

I have not yet been able to test both machines (I will for sure do this before purchasing) but I am wondering if anyone has tested both and which one you liked better. The Juki is about $300ish more expensive than the Brother, I am trying to decide if the true needle down/up button and variable speed control is worth the extra money. I do mostly straight line quilting and am very new to free motion quilting so I think the speed control might be helpful but I'm not exactly sure how it works or how helpful it would be. I would appreciate any opinions on either machine and their features.

Thanks!