Thread: Eq7 ?
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 11:38 PM
gale

I love everything but the price. I started out with quilt design wizard. It was too limiting so I bought EQ5 used. I loved it and used it for almost every quilt I made. Mainly for figuring out where I wanted to put which colors. I skipped EQ6 because of the limited activations but since EQ7 doesn't limit them I went ahead and upgraded-it was before it was released so I got a good deal on it but I did have to pay for the full program rather than just an upgrade price since I skipped a version. One thing I love it for is figuring out how much fabric. For example I had a certain amount of 3 or 4 different fabrics and I was able to figure out the best block configuration to use up as much of it as possible. I love that I can add my own scanned fabrics or find images of it online. I also have the EQ stitch plug-in so I used that to make custom quilt labels but it's pretty limiting imo (compared to other embroidery software).

I've heard of good prices at quiltinaday.com. I bought mine from planetpatchwork.com.

I didn't know a new version was coming out but if it is, I guess it's due. EQ7 has been out for over 4 yrs.