View Single Post
Old 07-09-2014, 06:08 AM
quilt938

thanks! I managed to forget my password so took a bit to figure out how to request it LOL! must've had caplock on or something...anyways I'm back!
i'm still going through my mom's machines and ones I picked up many years ago - so far the 15-90 is my favorite but I know there's a featherweight in the bunch and at least 2 301's though one has been modified- It's black but has a short tan bed so I'm thinking it may have originally been a nice longbed..sigh..but was changed to fit in the cabinet. wish it were a black longbed!
I have 2 friends and 2 others lined up waiting for me to start selling and I told one yesterday that I dont' even know IF I'll sell let alone when if I do decide. i'm thinking the one friend makes sense in that I dont' really 'need' a bunch of the same model machine but the other woman interested said she has 6 featherweights and doesn't see anything wrong with keeping everything if that's what I want LOL!
I know she gave me an older bernina several years ago and there's one in the bunch I got from her - think one is in the 800s and the other in the 900's - records? she got me I thinka 401 and 15-91 but her collection has a 403 and 15-90 - can't get the cam stitches to work in the 403 but need to read up on it more. 301s and a featherweight. fashion mate..think 328j? one has a J at the end and I think it's the rough finished greenish looking one. read somewhere that it's not a popular machine but I think it's appealing (haven't tried sewing and one new friend said if it's the one she's thinking of that she has one in a different color and it's very loud but she likes hers)..had a Kenmore but gave it to another friend since it was the first machine she ever had and her sister got rid of it years ago. some are newer and I think they get into the plastic-y ones that I've heard negative things about - one's missing the foot pedal but another will probably work on it. and I think there's a 503 in cabinet. basically any machine she found cheap she picked up -luckily there weren't machines at every single sale LOL! as it is the cabinets are gonna be challenging space-wise and I left one huge sewing desk behind that I've been thinkign where I could put it - I dont' want to be crowded in my living space but I do like seeing the machines and some of the cabinets are nice to look at. She had resorted to filling my old bedroom with them and it was dicey trying to walk around the foot of the bed and the other side! and I had no closet - it was full of stuff including another machine in a cabinet! right now everything is piled in the back of my house waiting for tile to be installed in the front (this weekend hopefully!) so then I can start moving furniture back to the front and free up the sewing area I'm turning the back section into!

loving this board- stumbled across it and spent a lot of time reading through the threads - kinda bad 'cause now I'm wanting this Kenmore I saw mentioned LOL!