Old 07-09-2014, 03:21 PM
indigofab

Originally Posted by GagaSmith
I was talking to the manager of a local Joann's about the co. no longer allowing sales and she said Joann's would not agree to do it. She said Joann's doesn't not allow mfgrs to dictate how they run their company. So, according to her, Joann's will continue to run sales as they see fit. Otherwise, they will not carry the product.
I'm sure they sell a lot of Accuquilt cutters and dies, so the co. (AQ) probably didn't want to loose all the sales.
That's interesting she said that because Joann's coupons already exclude certain products from being discounted.
I do know that most retailers had to sign an agreement that they won't advertise online or publish in print a sale price - they get around it by having you click to put the item in your cart to see the price, or come into the store.
When I bought all my TV's online it was like that - and the cart price was lower than anywhere else.
Here's a classic quilting -my friend bought her copy from this site over 2 years ago and it's still going on. http://www.quiltinaday.com/shoponline/gift/28132
It will be interesting to see how that plays out.