Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How often does AccuQuilt run sales?  Just missed a Summer Sale >

How often does AccuQuilt run sales? Just missed a Summer Sale

How often does AccuQuilt run sales? Just missed a Summer Sale

Old 07-07-2014, 09:19 AM

Default How often does AccuQuilt run sales? Just missed a Summer Sale

I just started looking at getting a Accuquilt GO and there is a special of $20 off a die if you buy the GO cutter before July 31st. I was wondering how often they run sales. There are a few dies I want and happened upon their facebook page where I saw they just had a die sale, so I was wondering how long the wait is between sales?

Is there a better deal I should wait for than the $20 off one they are currently running?
Old 07-07-2014, 09:56 AM

I would check prices on Amazon, or ebay and see if you can get one cheaper. My husband got mine on Amazon. If you can't improve the price for the Go - then $20 off a die is a good deal. AQ has blocked online retailers from deep anymore. I looked up prices this am on Quilters-Warehouse and dies are discounted 12%-they used to be much cheaper.
Old 07-07-2014, 10:20 AM

Yes, unfortunately for us, the company has tightened their regulations on selling, so no more "great prices" anywhere.......the prices are dictated by the mfgr...

I now shop sparingly for dies....thank goodness I bought from a distributor with great prices before the new rules...
Old 07-07-2014, 10:30 AM

Marsh--I just looked at Quilters-Warehouse and the "discounted" prices they are showing are the same prices that AccuQuilt has. The benefit of buying at AccuQuilt is they have free shipping for $99+ purchases. Buying 3 strip dies at QW would cost over $15 in shipping. AccuQuilt really has an advantage over brick and mortar (where there is sales tax at least) and online sites that justifiably can't afford to offer free shipping.
Old 07-07-2014, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
Yes, unfortunately for us, the company has tightened their regulations on selling, so no more "great prices" anywhere.......the prices are dictated by the mfgr...

I now shop sparingly for dies....thank goodness I bought from a distributor with great prices before the new rules...

I was talking to the manager of a local Joann's about the co. no longer allowing sales and she said Joann's would not agree to do it. She said Joann's doesn't not allow mfgrs to dictate how they run their company. So, according to her, Joann's will continue to run sales as they see fit. Otherwise, they will not carry the product.
I'm sure they sell a lot of Accuquilt cutters and dies, so the co. (AQ) probably didn't want to loose all the sales.
Old 07-07-2014, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by GagaSmith View Post
I was talking to the manager of a local Joann's about the co. no longer allowing sales and she said Joann's would not agree to do it. She said Joann's doesn't not allow mfgrs to dictate how they run their company. So, according to her, Joann's will continue to run sales as they see fit. Otherwise, they will not carry the product.
I'm sure they sell a lot of Accuquilt cutters and dies, so the co. (AQ) probably didn't want to loose all the sales.
The 40% off coupons won't work; however, around holiday's Joannes will have the dies at 40% off. I think that is the best deal you'll get on the dies. I haven't found Accuquilt website to have any deals.
Old 07-07-2014, 05:25 PM

The prices of the dies just keep going up...so glad I bought mine when they were a lot cheaper. Even the log cabin I was able to get for 49.00 Amazon has free shipping on most items...sad that they changed the rules that made it more affordable to more quilters.
Old 07-07-2014, 05:51 PM

They have sales regularly on different items and it just keeps going around so you will be able to find it again.
Old 07-09-2014, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by GagaSmith View Post
That's interesting she said that because Joann's coupons already exclude certain products from being discounted.
I do know that most retailers had to sign an agreement that they won't advertise online or publish in print a sale price - they get around it by having you click to put the item in your cart to see the price, or come into the store.
When I bought all my TV's online it was like that - and the cart price was lower than anywhere else.
Here's a classic quilting -my friend bought her copy from this site over 2 years ago and it's still going on. http://www.quiltinaday.com/shoponline/gift/28132
It will be interesting to see how that plays out.