View Single Post
Old 07-10-2014, 05:02 AM
ThayerRags

A few years back, I made the mistake of trying to be helpful by correcting inaccuracies in auction listings that I came across. I seldom do it anymore, although I do sometimes have a weak moment, like when I notified a seller that they might want to look at their own photos that had a very clear close-up of the model number of a machine that they were hawking as a different model, and assuring the buyer that it was very similar model. He changed his auction.

On another occasion, I notified a sewing machine dealer that the photos in an auction were of a different brand of machine than described in the auction. I never heard anything. The auction disappeared.

I did notice back several years ago when that auction site went ga-ga about “Buyer Protection”, that auction descriptions began getting smaller and smaller, until there was hardly any text at all to accompany the photos. I guess that minimized the “Not as Described” possibility.

I see a little more text coming back these days, and many, many inaccuracies. I guess it’s all about the money, and sellers don’t have time to be accurate. I don’t say anything. Let’em be wrong. It’s not worth getting chewed out over.....

CD in Oklahoma