View Single Post
Old 07-12-2014, 03:20 AM
citruscountyquilter

I have camped a lot. I grew up in a family that went from tent to tent camper to trailer. When I got married my husband hadn't camped but we borrowed my parents tent camper for our honeymoon and camped ever since. We traveled with our children to 48 states before they left home so have gone thousands and thousands of miles and countess nights. There is no comparison between hotel and camping. With camping not only do you have your own things but you have the outdoor experience and people in campgrounds are much more friendly than people in hotels.

If you haven't camped much then I recommend you rent before you buy to see how much you like the experience. There is work involved. Purchasing a good used RV is good advice too. You can often find one where someone has upgraded or for health reasons has given up camping.

If you find that you don't like camping then that's OK too. It's something you really don't know until you try it. A good test too is to be camping when the weather isn't so good!