View Single Post
Old 07-12-2014, 06:08 AM
ladydukes

I traveled and worked for 10 years, and during that time I owned and lived in several different fifth wheel travel trailers. I LOVED having my OWN space, not having to live out of hotels/motels.

The first one was a used fifth wheel 32 ft. long with no slides. The bedroom was in the rear of the trailer. You had to go through the bathroom to get to the bedroom, so it had two sliding doors between the living area and the bedroom, so it was great if someone wanted to watch TV in the living area while someone else slept because having two doors between helped with the noise level. It had a QS bed with storage underneath. This trailer had ample basement storage under the trailer.

The second one was used, 43 ft. with two slides. I replaced the carpet, bought a Lazy Boy recliner and QS hide-a-bed couch, and re-covered the dining room chairs. One slide was the length of the kitchen/dining/living area, and the other was in the bedroom. The kitchen/dining/living area was large. The dining area had an oak table and 4 chairs. The kitchen had a built-in U-Line ice maker and a dishwasher. The bathroom was off of the hallway with a regular door. It had a bathtub and shower as well as a stackable washer/dryer. The bedroom was large enough to walk around the KS bed. I had a TV in the living area as well as the bedroom. The trailer was wired with a sound system, which was nice. I had ample storage in this trailer as well as underneath. I really loved it because it felt like "home."

Because I'd owned and lived in several fifth wheels, I knew what I wanted, so when I bought my last one, it was 42 ft. long with 3 slides. The bathroom could be accessed from the hallway or the bedroom. I would never own a trailer that has the lavatory in the bedroom like some of them do. If I had visitors, I didn't want them in my bedroom. I had a KS bed with storage under the bed. I kept the recliner and hide-a-bed couch that I had purchased previously because it was much better quality than what comes in trailers. I had a stackable washer and dryer in the closet in my bedroom. This trailer had a huge basement storage underneath as well. I loved living in this trailer as well.

If you have any questions, send me a PM.