View Single Post
Old 07-13-2014, 05:49 AM
w1613s

There's a website, RVtravel.com, that I highly recommend for your attention. The experienced staff and contributors who make the site so valuable helped us do the research from the very beginning: do we really want to do this?; what is involved with maintenance?; new vs used?; what type?; warranty or not?; service where and by whom?; and on and on. They even have help for figuring out all the questions and making sure you ask yourselves and others all of them. Another thing is the site has an extensive, useful and very accessible data base of information and also areas in which rvers and thinking-about-it rvers talk to one another. Those areas are also data based. I think of it as a QB about rving.

The parent site has created a number of stand alone offshoots. One about tips; another about accessories; and more. Get into the main site and take a look at what subject areas interest you. You can subscribe to any or all of the sites. I get all of them. And they are very, very serious about their privacy policy.

If we can get out of here this year, we are planning to spend a rock of time on the road. I use the rv for sanity time with all the comforts (on the driveway). An rv has horrified some more elderly family members, delighted other family members, intrigued neighbors (we are asked for tours), been a blessing as well as a joy, and on and on.

Please check out RVtravel.com and see what you think. Rving is not for everyone; but, if it is for you and you can do it, do it and enjoy the tar out of it.

See you on the road?

Pat :-)