Old 07-14-2014, 02:52 PM
Koriana

sewbizgirl...thanks for the suggestion to take photos. I hadn't laid it all out for several years and forgot the beauty of my son's fabric choices and layout. I'm now leaning toward finishing it as he designed, adding only borders and appliqued hibiscus or other jungle flowers in opposing corners to help it fit the jungle theme. I will name it "A Father's Vision Blooms". Looking at the pieces, my son had already ripped out and fixed the worst of the seams, but I have started taking the strip sets apart to straighten the seams and provide a consistent 1/4" seam allowance. Below are some pictures of my son's work with a close-ups of some problem areas. BTW, my son never asked me to finish the quilt for his daughter, it was my idea to do something with it to pass it on to his child(ren). My son had forgotten that the pieces were still sitting around in my sewing room. Anyway, thanks to everyone for all your input. It's appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails zachs-quilt-pieces.jpg   zachs-quilt-pieces2.jpg   zachs-seams-upclose.jpg   zachs-seams-upclose2.jpg