View Single Post
Old 07-15-2014, 12:36 AM
frudemoo

Wow, thanks Jon and thanks Steve. That is amazingly helpful.

Well... I've just got back from picking up the machines and I have to say I've had the most fantastic time talking to the guy who was selling them and his partner - they were lovely and it turns out his background is in engineering and he has really enjoyed collecting machines and restoring the cabinets and things over the years. I really regret my earlier comments about the way the machines were listed. I guess we are so used to people knowing less about what it is they're selling, but in any case, I wish I hadn't written about it in that way. It doesn't reflect the kind of person I'd like to be; and I think it says more about my own insecurities than it does about anything else (that's something I AM prepared to say publicly!)

So, it's been a fantastic experience... it's reminded me that the exchange between buyer and seller is one of the aspects of this hobby that can be the most enjoyable. So lovely to meet a kindred spirit and someone who can talk for hours about all the wonderful details that we have come to know and love about these machines.

It's dark now and not a good time to explore the machine itself, but I did want to come on and go some way toward making amends for my unnecessary snideness. I am most ashamed of myself and will go and sit in the naughty corner for a while....