Old 03-08-2008, 11:47 PM
Flying_V_Goddess

I need to vent or otherwise I'll bang my head against the keyboard.

I haven't been in much of a quilting mood to construct my Flying Ninja Stars quilt with the fabric provided by bj (or construct something with the fabric Sue sent me, for that matter) so I've been putting forth my designing skills on other projects. My main focus is the Wind Waker sea map. And its not going too well.

First of all, doesn't help that I don't own a copy of the game. I used to, but it mysteriously disappeared (and the 20 minute demo on my Zelda collection disc doesn't help much). So without it I can't create the templates for the islands or find inspiration for designs. Not to mention if I ever want to create the stain glass windows in the Master Sword room I can't recreate the design for those.

Then, I asked someone on the board if they'd make an accurate layout of the map for me in EQ. I was able to download the version they put in their own colors, but not the colorless one so I could put it in my own colors. My Internet will stop sending information halfway through and then I have to hang up and reconnect and start over.

The main thing that's driving me nuts is this design I want to put in the outer border. Well, I don't have a design yet. I want a Celtic knot border to go in the corners, but not having much luck finding one. I've probably been through a thousand websites trying to look for one that I think would work well. I tried making my own...got a book and downloaded a free trial of a computer program to try and make one. I can re-create every single knot that can fit in a square or retangular space in this program (I did all the ones in the book and many more from the net). But when I try to branch out and do my own thing...just doesn't work or create medicore results.

Plus, I have this crazy idea of screen printing my islands and my Celtic knot design (if I ever get one I like) onto the fabric...which, of course, I've never screen printed before (seen a demostration done and looked at another 1000 websites researching the process). And I realized just how expensive screen printing will be if I do end up doing it...probably more than the rest of the quilt.

So this map has turned into this insane project that I'm not sure will ever get done. Arrrrrgh!

...I'm gonna go eat some chocolate and listen to Bjork.