View Single Post
Old 07-27-2014, 11:20 AM
Nilla

I have a Pfaff power quilter P3. It's only 1 1/2 years old. The bobbin is wound on the machine as it is running. I have had training and I speak to my dealer regularly. Before I started the quilt I'm working on now I had to adjust the tension by turning it 3 full turns. It worked well until I got to the end of the computerized row, then when I started the next row I had loops underneath again. They are all over, not just on the curves. I fixed that with one turn the opposite way, then I think I did another few rows, putting new bobbins in as needed, then for no obvious reason the tension went wonky again. I turned it 2 full turns the opposite way and it's almost right, so once more should do it, but I don't understand why I'd have to turn it 3 turns to get it right, then eventually have to turn it back 3 to keep the tension correct. I'm really tired of taking messy stitches out and as luck would have it, this is one of those patterns that kind of goes up and down a bit before moving over so I can't really tell if the stitches look good until there are plenty to rip out.

I decided to walk away from it today so I wouldn't scream and rip the quilt off the frame.