View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 05:18 AM
kellen46

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
What a brilliant idea! I'm going to pass this along to my daughter, who's an elementary teacher. This would make a fantastic project, for her class.
Thanks Neesie, for you kind words. Maybe you can remember a few years ago when artist trading cards were popular. I did an online swap with an collage artist group of these mini collage magnets. While I was living in cubical land I had my file cabinets well decorated and lots of my co-workers wanted ones of their own so I did a mini lesson during a lunch hour. The nice part is you can use lots of scrap papers as the format is so small. I recommend Elmers craft glue, not school glue, for adhering additional bits or you could use stickers for decoration. Another popular thing was making name plates out of scrabble tiles and the wooden tile holders. You can buy additional tiles and holders from Hasbroro Toys online for not a lot of dollars. For long names I would glue the tiles to a wooden ruler and then rest it in a holder. I gave everything a coat of wood stain to make it a bit richer looking. For gluing use E6000 which is easy to get in any craft supply department. Also if you had some funky tiles from some other games such as boggle you could glue them to a plastic ruler for a more eccentric look. Check in thrift shops and dollar stores for inspiration. These would make great Mom or Dad Day gifts, especially for those who work in cubical land. Have a happy crafty or quilty time.