Old 07-29-2014, 10:10 AM
Ninnie
Power Poster

Default Ran the Vac today and brought back a memory.

Well I just run the vac. the dog ears from trimming blocks were taking over the floor. and it reminded me of being still at home with Mom and Dad. Well Dad would build these beautiful Martin boxes. They would look like churches or other buildings. such as a barn. then he would plant them on top of a tall pole, and put tin around the bottom for about 4 ft so the cats could not climb them. And then if a starling came around he would get so mad lol. And I know u r wondering what this has to do with me running the vac. Well it was not picking up right, had a lot of those tiny dog ears on the floor from quilting. and so i decided to empty it. Now I have to tell u that baby was slam packed full. It does not take a bag. u just open the top and the bottom and empty it. Well, it was full. and I had to pull it out by hand ( I know yuck ) lol and most of it was, well held together with my hair. ok now this is where the story comes together Dad would always tell us girls to go outside and brush or comb our hair. and let the hair float away. and it would be put to use by his Martins to construct nests in those beautiful bird homes he had built. LOL and from now on. I am going back to brushing my hair outside. no Martin boxes here. lol but way better for the Vac. Does this happen to you. something you are doing will bring back a childhood memories, . If so tell us about it.