View Single Post
Old 07-30-2014, 07:39 AM
Sewnoma

No, definitely not perfect.

Sometimes I un-sew and re-sew, sometimes I don't. Depends on how bad the boo-boo is, and who the quilt is for. If it's for myself I just leave it unless it's something I know I will constantly see and go mad about. If it's for family, I usually leave it unless it's really bad or it's on an "important" quilt. (Like, a wedding or baby quilt is more "important" than a random quilt I give for a birthday or Christmas.) I try to make each quilt better than the last, but "important" quilts get extra special attention.

I find that if I'm super careful right from the start, I usually don't have to re-sew anything. I made a quilt specifically to be entered into the fair last year and I was meticulously careful every step of the way, trying to make the best quilt I possibly could, and it went together so neatly that almost every seam matched perfectly and I didn't have to even touch my seam ripper once. Simple boxy blocks, but still! I'd only been quilting about year at that point and I was super proud of myself, LOL. (Got a 4th place ribbon too!)

But being extra super careful is stressful and takes away a lot of the fun for me, so MOST of the time I fly by the seat of my pants a little more, accept flaws and mistakes as they happen, and just enjoy myself.