View Single Post
Old 07-31-2014, 06:21 AM
roguequilter

Originally Posted by Billi View Post
Pits are wonderful dogs

The are strong powerful animals and when there is a problem it's dangerous so we hear about it. When I was a kid German Shepherd were the big scary dogs. They got a bad rap because they were inbred and trained to protect by people who had no idea what they were doing. Then rottweiler were the big bad dog more inbreeding and stupid owners. I would hope that they are looking for a family pet not a guard dog if that's the case and the train their new adorable puppy to be part of the family and what his place in the family is. As we. Should all dogs, he will be a wonderful pet

I have been around many pits and if I had another dog I would have a pit in a heartbeat. .
due to bladder infection in my kitties i have spent nearly every day sitting in vet office waiting for shots or exams since last september. the reservation where the vet office is has to be the pitbull capital of the world. i have, over the months of sitting there visiting w pit owners & breeders, recieved quite an education. we moved here few years ago. news full of vicious pit attacks. most horrifying was a 4 yo child that was nearly dismembered by a pack of strays the childs grmother had been feeding.

that was my only experience w pits --news stories like the child (who lived, has had numerous surgeries, permanent nerve damage & news stories vicious idiot humans like michael vic)

this is what i have learned. pit bulls are members of huge dog species -Terrier Breeds. look them up ..this post will be too long if i name even half the breeds that are terriers. pitbulls come in sizes from miniatures to giants called XL. really! i have met 4 mo old puppies that exceeded 100#'s. acting like puppies. adorable. this breed is intelligent, & like ANY breed of dog w/o proper socialization & training can become a vicious animal. my kennel/groomer had an employee who had her lower lip bitten off (small flap of skin left only) by a little bitty chiuahua. any breed of dog can be dangerous.

learn about pits ..they are beautiful, loyal, loving and one of the best breeds to own ...as a family pet. i don't have one, but i would if opportunity arose.

i have a German Wirehaired Terrier - another breed known for agressiveness ..my love baby, all he wants to do is sit in my lap.