Pit bull puppy ???

Old 08-01-2014, 01:58 PM

A bit of info I found on the internet that is interesting....
that pit bulls pose a substantial danger due to their selective breeding for dogfighting. Unlike other dog breeds, pit bulls frequently fail to communicate intention prior to an attack (surprise attacks); possess a lethal bite style (hold and shake) and a ruinous manner of attack (gameness).
It's not just the way they are raised....
Old 08-01-2014, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Kimkankwilt View Post
A bit of info I found on the internet that is interesting....
that pit bulls pose a substantial danger due to their selective breeding for dogfighting. Unlike other dog breeds, pit bulls frequently fail to communicate intention prior to an attack (surprise attacks); possess a lethal bite style (hold and shake) and a ruinous manner of attack (gameness).
It's not just the way they are raised....
It is the human interference with this " selective breeding" that has destroyed so many once wonderful breeds of dogs!

Some breeds are so weak from this selective breeding...it has made them susceptible to fatal diseases too.

Staffords were a great breed and if one carefully picks the breeder who has the background info on parentage chances are the dog will be a great family dog, if the owner knows how to raise the dog. That goes for any human/animal association......

There are some human/human relationships that are frightening too.........
Old 08-01-2014, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by icul8rg8r View Post
I would never own a Pit Bull or allow my children to play in a home that had a Pit bull. I'm sure it's true that not all pit bulls are bad, but whenever something bad happens, it usually involves a pit bull. (Bad dog accidents, that is).

That said, I am personally afraid of most aggressive type dogs like Pit Bulls, German Shepherds, Rotweillers, Dobermans, etc. My brother was attacked by a large mixed bred aggressive dog when we were kids and my dad severely injured when he tried to free my brother. So I'm a Shih Tzu fan!
Please keep in mind, that dogs who have no recognized "pack" will build their own. That is when you hear or dogs attacking people, no matter what breed it is, it is because the owners never bothered to learn how to be good dog owners. I will suggest that your family spend some time on youtube watching videos by Ceasar Milan. That is why although I have a dog with a reputation for stubbornness, I have no problems with him at all. Good luck, a pit bull dog can be a wonderful house pet as long as the owners are willing to learn how to be good dog owners. My friends have several that I would give a home to if needed. (This comes from a woman who nearly lost her right leg to infection from a dog mauling years ago.) When I first got my big dog, I was afraid, but he just walked over to where I was sitting on the floor, and went to sleep with his head on my lap, hard to be afraid of a dog who is snoring on your leg....lol!
Old 08-01-2014, 06:03 PM
Power Poster

this thread is being closed because the topic is becoming too controversial and disturbing posts have had to be deleted