Old 07-31-2014, 07:46 AM
madamekelly

I want you to know that I have a Siberian Husky/ German Shepard/ Malamute/ Wolf mix and can not imagine my life without him. He is stubborn, willful, funny, demanding (feed the dog!) charming, alerts me to seizures, and loves being an inside dog. You should see him do "the poor abused puppy" act when I send him outside so I can vacuum. He is a rescue, so I don't know all of his history, but being such a big dog, I know no one but me would make such a big dog, an inside dog, but he earns his keep, so I will just keep vacuuming everyday, and letting the neighbor kids sit and pull all the loose hair off of him. (They like to watch the birds carry the hair tufts away to make their nests warm.) With his background, he has a real urge to pull on a leash. I bought him a no-pull harness, and learned a trick from Caesar Milan, when King started to pull, I just turned and walked back the way I came until he stopped pulling. It only took a few times for him to figure out that if he pulled, he would go back to what he has already sniffed. Did I tell you he was a smart dog? He has been very easy to train as long as I was consistent. I am disabled so he only gets to go for a walk when my daughter has time to walk him for me, or we take him to a dog park, that and 3/4 of my yard to run in, and even with these limitations on exercise for him, I would adopt him all over again! I just can't resist adding pictures of my baby dog. Here is Yukon King. Just so you know, I have had no problem with howling, whining, or even barking unless the doorbell rings. (He loves company!) he also lives with a blue healer, and two cats and they all sleep as a pack on the bedroom floor.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  

Last edited by madamekelly; 07-31-2014 at 07:49 AM.