Old 08-01-2014, 07:50 AM
janjj

I love love love huskies. Raised some years ago really to teach our children responsibility. Before we sold a puppy we house socialized them so if someone wanted to have them inside they were already on their way. It really depends on how you raise a dog. (any dog) My best friend said this " never let a puppy do anything you do not want them to do as an adult dog". That is sooo true. You do not teach the dog you teach the owner how to handle a dog. Obedience class is a great thing. Huskies are very intelligent but - due to what their real job is (pulling - if a musher wants to go a certain way the dog can detect danger and will not do as owner wants !) So they do have a mind of their own! They just need training. They are very good with kids. We had one man that told us his dog would snap at him when he was feeding him and trying to play with him as he was eating. All I asked was "Do you play with your young children when they are eating?" The dog was only protecting his food.
the shedding - yes there is some BUT perhaps a short time a few days a week will conquer that. and Spring is the worst time as they are shedding their insulation! They are also a hardy dog.
Another tip for animals and humans - Calcium Bentonite Clay (some every day, internal and external) helps wonders.
I buy mine from Global Light Networks.
Have fun looking for the right dog for you.
Janice